Hellas Property Management was founded in Thessaloniki about ten years ago and occupies twenty five fully trainned and experienced real estate agends.
In addition, our company has been renovating and reconstructing apartments in Thessaloniki with great success in the last five years.
The original concept of creating a property management company was born five years ago, when we realised that many of our customers in Greece and abroad did not have the time or desire to deal with the problems that came up when they tried to manage their properties on their own. Initially we took upon managing a few properties. Shortly we decided that it was time to start a property management company. Presently, we are an established company with fully trained and experienced members that can cover all your real estate needs and offer you security and the highest possible return on your investment.
Property Management Services
Presentation and timing are everything. Our specialist Managers are trained to take professional photographs, produce floorplans and write comprehensive property descriptions, all in just one visit.
The result: your property ready to go within days..
Known for our comprehensive marketing, we spend thousands of euro every year ensuring that our clients’ properties receive maximum exposure across a variety of different media, including: newspapers, our monthly Area magazines, email marketing, SMS, and of course online.
Finding a tenant
Your Property Manager will thoroughly review each prospective tenant’s rental and credit history, including prior evictions.Your Property Manager will verify your new tenant’s current employment and stated income.Your Property Manager will contact your new tenant’s previous landlord(s) to verify payment history and care of property.Your Property Manager will discuss the results of the screening process with you and make our recommendation.
Drawing up the tenancy agreement
To achieve a smooth running tenancy it is essential to have a professional agreement in place. We will draw up the relevant paperwork based on years of experience, ensuring all the necessary documents are signed by both parties.
Arranging the check in
- Your Property Manager will collect the first month’s rent and security deposit prior to your tenant’s move-in.
- Your Property Manager will prepare all rental agreements utilizing approved forms.
- Your Property Manager will meet with your new tenant and ensure all agreements have been properly executed prior to his or her move-in.
- Your Property Manager will document your property’s condition utilizing digital photography prior to your new tenant’s move-in.
- Your Property Manager will have your tenant complete and sign a “Statement of Condition” report verifying the condition of the property at the time of his or her move-in.
- Your Property Manager will instruct your tenant regarding rental payment terms and required property maintenance.
Collection of rents
Collecting rents as a real estate property manager doesn’t begin on the date they are due. The process begins when the tenant fills out their rental application. Getting past rental references, performing credit checks, and interviewing the potential tenant, are the first steps in the process of timely collection of rents. If all of this goes well, the lease agreement becomes the next step in rent collection. The rental or lease agreement should be very clear to set forth:
- on what date and time rents are due,
- where rent is to be paid, and
- what happens if rent is not paid as required
Sometimes good tenants fall on bad times. The property management company should have a clear understanding with the owner as to how much latitude they can give to a good long term tenant. Beyond that, it’s property management’s duty to collect rents as stated in the lease agreement. Taking legal action, and even eviction, could be the end result.
Transfer of utilities
We will help the new tenant transfer all the utilities (electric, phone, water, natural gas, etc.) to their names, to avoid any charges to the landlords.
Arranging repairs and maintenance
We continually vet tradesmen, services and suppliers to ensure we only use companies providing the very best quality of workmanship, at a competitive price, on behalf of our clients.
24 hour call out service
We provide our clients with 24-hour emergency repair services.We minimize the cost of repairs and maintenance using our extensive network of contractors, vendors, and handymen.
One management inspection…
e carry out a thorough inspection every year providing a full color brochure with recommendations and details on any improvements should they be required, giving you reassurance that your property remains in sound condition for future rentals as well as minimizing the cost of repairs, by acting in good time.
Managing the check out process
- Full detailed check-out report at the end of the tenancy which is based on and compared to the original check-in report.
- The check-out process includes the meeting of the tenant(s) at the property, ensuring meter readings are read correctly, collecting all keys and leaving the property secure.
- Advising on deposit deductions to be paid by tenants and informing landlords of fair wear and tear.
- Ensuring all utility bills are paid up to the end of the tenancy.
- Informing tenants clearly of any justifiable deduction from the deposit and the final amount due back on deposit to minimise disputes.
- Return of deposit.
We complete hundreads of valuations every month, giving us intimate knowledge of property prices in your area. Our valuations take all local benefits into account, whether your property is surrounded by the best parks, restaurants, schools or transport links.
Detailed Monthly Accounting Reports
- Our Accounting Department will provide you with monthly itemized statements showing income and expenses related to your property.
- Our Accounting Department will provide you a year-end accounting summary of your account.